In some rural area in Sri Lanka, school kids have to walk long ways (about 5 km or more) to reach their schools as there are no public transport or school buses. Therefore, having a bicycle is a dream of many children. With your donations, we will be helping few of these school kids to achieve their dream.
- Mountain Bicycle – $131 CAD – $167 CAD
- Small Bicycle – $58 CAD
- Tricycle – $30 CAD
There are many low-income mothers, fathers and children with poor eyesight. But they have no money to go and see an optometrist and afford prescribed eye glasses (spectacles). With your donations, we can help them to improve their eyesight.
- Eye Glasses (with eyesight test) – $55 CAD – $88 CAD (Including travelling)
- Reading Glasses – $8.75 CAD – $10.94 CAD
Wearing masks is mandatory wherever you go. Especially in public places. Hand sanitizers and masks are not a priority for poor families as their priority is to find something to eat for survival. Yet, these people are so vulnerable due to their living conditions, poor sanitary facilities and underline health issues. Mandatory requirements has added a strain to these families. Our plan is to buy masks and hand sanitizers and distribute among poor families. But without your contribution, we can not support them.
- 2 Mask & 100ml Sanitizer Bottle Pack – $2.55 CAD
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is being taught in every school now. For high school students and College/University Students, a Laptop has become a must to continue their studies in a rapidly changing world. Most students are helpless as their parents are unable to afford a laptop for their education. With your donations, we are planning to buy laptops for kids from poor families.
- Laptop – $483 CAD
- Basic Computer – $218 CAD
- Advance Computer – $401 CAD
In Sri Lanka, well water (groundwater) is directly consumed with little or no treatment as people in these areas can not afford treatment facilities. However, water quality in many part of Sri Lanka is poor and is not suitable for drinking. Drinking contaminated water has caused kidney diseases among poor people. Our solution is to supply RO filters and water tanks to these poor communities specially schools. Your generous donations will be used for these projects.
- RO Filter – $423 CAD
- Water Tank – $73 CAD – $110 CAD
A large number of low-income Sri Lankans are helpless due to the COVID19 epidemic. Most of them lost their livelihood. While public servants get paid, the middle class live off their savings, the poor are very helpless. We plan to create self-employment opportunities to these affected families. We hope to provide the initial raw materials, tools, equipments and guidance for them to start self-employment of their choice to achieve long-term stability.
- Sewing Machine (Normal) – $255 CAD
- Sewing Machine (Lockstich) – $460 CAD
- Overlock Machine – $587 CAD
- Bush Cutter (Grass Cutter) Machine – $219 CAD
- Cement Brick Making Machine Basic – $117 CAD
- Cement Brick Making Machine Advance – $219 CAD
- Incense Stick Making Machine – $407 CAD
- String Hopper Making Machine – $133 CAD
- Slipper Making Machine – $1074 CAD
- Street Orange Juice Bar – $185 CAD
- Ready-made Slipper Selling Business – $148 CAD
- Pillows, Doormat & Dolls Selling Business – $185 CAD
- Cattle – $473 CAD – $947 CAD
- Goats – $109 CAD – $255 CAD
Since most of the raw materials are imported from China, it can be difficult to find them these days. And the prices of the materials can go up during the post-covid period. Therefore, the estimate for these self-employment projects may not be accurate.